Monday, May 31, 2010

Ox Tails or Tilapia????

Well its Memorial Day weekend and we had to fire up the grill. Oh and I am so glad that we did. Although my husband was set on grilling Ox Tails I decided to pull out some tilapia and oh am I so happy I did. I think the best feeling is being completely satisfied after making a good food choice! So many times I choose to eat badly because its just taste so good, but eating healthy can really be good too.

My husband grilled that tilapia, roasted some onions, seasoned it with lemon pepper, olive oil and garlic I could have eaten all five pieces. (I didn't though) I made the sides green beans seasoned with lemon pepper and smokehouse baked beans.

I went to the store today and bought some 60 calorie jello and you know what it wasn't that peanut butter cookie from Starbucks (Roderick ate the two that I was saving!) but it hit the spot surprisingly.

Now let us not forget that this weekend was my birthday so the food and alcohol intake was not measured! Neither was the slice of red velvet from dessert gallery. So my plan is to hit the scale in the morning and bring my lunch (so can savor those other pieces of fish).

So I hope you all had a great holiday weekend!

Talk to you soon, On the road to dropping these lbs!
J

No comments:

Post a Comment