Monday, May 17, 2010

Are you really hungry?

Well I have been off the wagon and have not written in my blog for several days because I have gotten off track. But, I did go buy the book; Women, Food and God. And, although I think she was very misleadng with her use of the word God in her title. I am really enjoying the book. One of her main points in the first 3 chapters is focusing on what and how much you put on your plate and "stepping back" and looking at what you are eating and why after every couple of bites and asking yourself if you are really hungry.

I have been doing that since Saturday and there have been times when I am like you know what I am not hungry any more and still have food on my plate that I know I would have eaten if I wouldn't have stopped and thought about what it was that I was doing. Now, there have also been times when I was like I don't want to stop and think about it because I want to eat and I AM HUNGRY no matter what I tell myself. But, it is a process and at least I know and when I have stopped when I was hungry it made me feel good that I wasn't eating more than I really wanted.

I am also going to do my best not to drink soda only water and tea. That is going to be a challenge, but I am worth it! I want to exercise because the only way to burn fat is to build muscle so now that  have these cute little workout outfits I am going to have to build up some sweat! And, feel the burn!!!!

I got on the scale this morning and although I didn't lose anything I didn't gain and that always makes me happy. The hair and makeup are really helping me feel good about myself and I know that the new clothes are on the way.

Until tomorrow, I invite you to try asking yourself, "Are you really hungry?" at every meal or snack or every time you want to put something in your mouth. And, wait for the answer to come to you before you finish the food. We are all hungry, but is it food that we are really hungry for or something else!

On the road to dropping these lbs.....
J

No comments:

Post a Comment